Stingy – “ sparing or scant in using or spending”

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Stain Fighter/ Miracle Cleaner

We have had what seems like the plague the last few weeks and I have done more laundry and cleaned up more messes than normal.  I was changing my bed yet again and realized my daughter had spilled red koolaid a couple weeks ago in our bed and it had stained my mattress cover.......which is white, by the way!  I really like this stain cleaner but thought, "There is no way this is gonna pull a red koolaid stain that has set for 2 weeks out of a white mattress cover".........I was wrong!  It pulled the stain completely out where I cannot even tell where the stain was even at.

If that doesn't convince you, I have been doing cloth diapering for around 2 years and needless to say, I have 2 years worth of stains on my diapers.  I sprayed my diapers and let them sit for 10 minutes.  This pulled a lot of the stains out of them and brightened them a lot. 

I have been using this for over 3 months and can't ever imagine going back to buying regular stain fighters.  This brightens and cleans better than anything I have ever used and it is super cheap.  I can make around 8 ounces for 50 cents.

Stain Fighter/Miracle Cleaner


What you need:

1 part Dawn Dishsoap
2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide
Measuring cup
Whisk
Spray Bottle

Step 1: Add One Part Dawn. I added 1/3 cup of Dawn.


Step 2: Add 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide and whisk together.  I added 2/3 cup.



Step 3: Mix together and pour in a spray bottle.  (Have you ever noticed peroxide is always in a dark bottle?  Since it comes in a dark bottle, I just bought a bottle a hydrogen peroxide bottle and use that bottle for my cleaner.)


Spray the stain and let sit for 10 minutes.  Wash like normal in wash machine.


Common Questions:

What kind of Dawn should I use?
I personally use Original Non-Concentrated Dawn because I have an HE washer and do not want to cause too many suds because I am too lazy to rinse it out before I put it in the wash machine.  I have seen blogs where they use either so I don't think it makes much difference.

Do you have to let it sit?
I think that just depends on what you are cleaning.  My cloth diapers I let sit for the full 10 minutes.  When I cleaned my mattress pad, it sat for maybe 2 minutes?

I got this recipe from the blog below:
http://moderndaymoms.com/homemade-miracle-cleaner/





 

No comments:

Post a Comment